The Curriculum provides:
- activities and information about mangroves;
- relationships of mangroves to other tropical coastal ecosystems;
- mangrove observation from social, geographical, cultural, economic, and political perspectives;
- guidance in taking scientific measurements about the health of mangroves; and
- several action-taking activities to help observers become do-ers
- links to the local and regional science, social studies and arts curriculum
Goal of the Curriculum
This innovative experiential approach has the goal of transforming society toward a positive attitude and respect for mangrove resources and uses, while preparing the next generation of decision makers.
By integrating the curriculum with existing local science, social studies and/or language arts curricula, we are able to ensure that the developed materials and teaching techniques are used in the classroom on a regular basis.