They must have the needed management skills, as well as personal awareness and appreciation for mangroves, so that they may become better stewards
of this vital natural resource base for future generations.MAP has expanded its education program to include aspects both interesting and inspirational for young minds
in their attempts to grasp the fuller significance of the mangrove forest community.
In addition to youth-focused programs, MAP targets specific audiences through a variety of educational methods:
Non-formal and Informal Education
TARGETS: Fisherfolk, Community Leaders, Consumers, Children, etc.
- Raising awareness among shrimp consumers
- Involving school children in the MAP Calendar art contest
- In the Hands of the Fishers (IHOF) and community-based Ecological Mangrove Restoration (EMR) workshops
- Toolkit training sessions
TARGETS: Students & Teachers, Researchers & Policy Makers, Extension Agents, etc.
- Ecological Mangrove Restoration (EMR) workshops for academics, NGO's, and community leaders.
- Marvelous Mangroves curriculum for primary and junior high schools
- Do Your Own Mangrove Action Project curriculum
Formal Education at EMR Training in India